It's about time Nov 22 2017
Well well well. Over four years since my last post here! Time flies when you're having fun.
UPDATE: I've since brought across some of my writing from kickcode.com so there are a few more posts in the intervening time period now!
Looking back over the blog, I've done the whole "wow, it's been ages since I last posted, but I'm going to blog a lot more now!" post a fair few times. So what's one more?
As a bit of fun, here are some things that have happened since I last blogged here:
- We had a third child!
- Our eldest two children started school
- I became a governor at the kids school, and have since gone on to become Chair of Governors
- We all (all five of us!) started learning karate with a fantastic local club, grading a number of times, and competing successfully at a variety of competitions - in the case of my eldest two kids, recently competing at an overseas, international level World Championships event and bringing home bronze medals
- I finally found a fitness routine that I enjoy and have been able to stick to, with the advice and guidance of a good friend, managing to lose 3.5 stone, and dropping to under 13% body fat in a little over a year
- I ran a 10K race, clocking in at around 56 minutes
- I got my first (and for the time being, only) tattoo
- We returned to Vegas, where we got married ten years ago this year, for a few days break away
- Worked on and delivered over 12 different web and mobile apps, some from scratch, and some where I was brought onboard to extend and improve them. Some were long term engagements, and others were small 6-8 week projects to deliver MVP (minimum viable product) prototypes
- I've learnt React/React Native, the Go programming language, and played around with Rust too