It's about time Nov 22 2017
Well well well. Over four years since my last post here! Time flies when you're having fun.
Looking back over the blog, I've done the whole "wow, it's been ages since I last posted, but I'm going to blog a lot more now!" post a fair few times. So what's one more?
As a bit of fun, here are some things that have happened since I last blogged here:
- We had a third child!
- Our eldest two children started school
- I became a governor at the kids school, and have since gone on to become Chair of Governors
- We all (all five of us!) started learning karate with a fantastic local club, grading a number of times, and competing successfully at a variety of competitions - in the case of my eldest two kids, recently competing at an overseas, international level World Championships event and bringing home bronze medals
- I finally found a fitness routine that I enjoy and have been able to stick to, with the advice and guidance of a good friend, managing to lose 3.5 stone, and dropping to under 13% body fat in a little over a year
- I ran a 10K race, clocking in at around 56 minutes
- I got my first (and for the time being, only) tattoo
- We returned to Vegas, where we got married ten years ago this year, for a few days break away
- Worked on and delivered over 12 different web and mobile apps, some from scratch, and some where I was brought onboard to extend and improve them. Some were long term engagements, and others were small 6-8 week projects to deliver MVP (minimum viable product) prototypes
- I've learnt React/React Native, the Go programming language, and played around with Rust too